Sunday, 3 March 2013

Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask Review

I had been reading tonnes of reviews on Lush Cosmetics and Beauty products so I decided to head into my local store to see if I could score some free samples to test out.

I had a few products suitable for my skin type (really oily/acne-prone/dry/sensitive) in mind and had a rad chat to the sales girl who works there. I wanted to try samples of the following:

Fresh face masks: Cupcake, Cosmetic Warrior and Catastrophe Cosmetic.


Lush aren't able to give out many free samples these days but the lady I was talking to recommended I try Brazened Honey and gave me a free sample of grease lightning to try out as an all over serum after moisturising. So with those products in hand I headed home eager to try them both out.
  • Overview: A powerhouse of effective ingredients for all tired skins. Refreshing herbs and fruit juice are blended with warming Ayurvedic herbs and spices. With almonds to polish and moisturising honey, this blend leaves the skin vibrant and reinvigorated. Apply to clean skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave for five to ten minutes, and then rinse with warm water massaging gently. Keep chilled. 
  • Price: $15.95 for a 75g tub which I thought was a bit steep but it is all natural ingredients and I was hopeful it would help my problematic skin.
  • Packaging: This comes in a tub with a screw lid, pretty basic and no frills. If you return 5 empty tubs you recieve a free fresh face mask, also the tubs are re-used or recycled which is awesome!
  • First Usage: Make sure to have a slightly damp face when using this as it is quite a dry paste. I applied it with clean fingers and left it on for about 15mins. Within those first 3 mins I felt a slight burning sensation - which is normal when using face masks so don't worry! It does smell quite weird but don't let this put you off. "Nice" smelling things usually contain harmful fraqrances and ingredients to make them smell "nice".
  • Skin After Using: At the end of the 15mins I wet my fingers and rubbed it around to exfoliate my skin. After washing this off, my skin felt so soft and plush - it was amazing! A day or two later I noticed a few pimples on my forehead and nose which is a good sign indicating all the gunk coming out of my pores.
  • Vegan/Vegetarian: Due to this product containing Honey & Eggs, it is only Vegetarian.
Conclusion: 
After using this mask once, my skin felt beautiful and had a healthy glow. The only downsides are the price (because I like beauty on a budget) and because it is a natural product you must store it in the fridge, which makes me think if I forget about it, it may expire. With all face masks don't overuse, only use this product 1-2 times per week. If you haven't tried any of the Lush Fresh Face Masks I highly recommend checking them out if you don't mind paying a little extra!


If you've used this face mask before let me know how you went! :)
 
*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this company and these are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment